Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Blog Death

A lot of blog death going around at the moment. I'm wondering if I'll eventually succumb too? My favourite blog just went out of action (lots of life changes going on there) and I've realised I've not been a great reader/follower recently as I have either been too busy with planning or just too tired. I'm suffering from Internet fatigue a fair bit (and yet I still press on like the typical addict), not to mention work fatigue (I took on extra hours this week that called for an extra burst of energy when energy levels are already low) and other forms of fatigue. I guess the rainy weather is not helping either.

Back in the day I used to get loads of comments and I would scurry around commenting on other blogs too. I wonder now if blogging has had its day? Maybe the community I knew a few years back has just passed on. Who knows?

I intend to be here a while longer. I still have things to say. A lot to say in fact, but time is often lacking and sometimes I question whether it is wise to share such content. 

Some topics I'd like to write about here but I won't right now...

- Polygamy (Is it on the rise? Is this the new 'vintage'? Is it a reaction to the recession? Or am I just becoming more aware of people who are 'into' it? The Guardian did recently do a piece on it...The Guardian has a habit of doing that. Something I consider 'non-mainstream' catches my curiosity and suddenly The Guardian are doing a feature days later... Though maybe it is just my 'awareness' - maybe these articles are always there!)

-The adventures and ponderings of my recent love life (I'm beginning to learn to keep things slightly more private!)

-A rant on Education and Capitalism (saving this for a day when I have more time!)

-A rant on being 30 and social responsibility (Who really wants to hear this? Everyone has their doubts and problems blah blah blah, it is all the usual anyway)

-The little I know about Politics (I'm teaching this topic at school this week and I'm beginning to realise it isn't cool not to be at least somewhat informed....especially when there are events taking place that will ultimately affect me and those around me in the future... perhaps I've been politically apathetic for too long...)

-My teaching methods and how I could improve (I don't want to get into lazy habits and focussing on my flaws might help me work at improving them)

Anyway, off to bed now. I'll write more soon. Much love xxx

7 comments:

Scarlett Cannon - Heavenly Healer Glamorous Gardener said...

We all have 'blog lulls' I think. I haven't been able to post as frequently as I'd like over the last year or so. It's just being busy and tired, being unwell, outside stuff going on. You've been busy with lots of life changes too. Keep posting please - I'll keep reading!

ginny said...

hello hello from a very lazy blogger. interesting post. saw the title in my reader... blog death!
i've not been updating my blog recently either and have too may blogs in my reader which is a bi-product of having been blogging for 6 yrs. Maybe need to edit but hard as i have met and loved so many blogs(and bloggers) but realistically do not have enough time to read them all these days.
i love my blog and must look after it a bit more.
thank you for the reminder and hope you're well.
love Ginny xx

justin bartholomew said...

Thanks for this post. It Very nice Blog. It was a very good Blog. I like it. Thanks for sharing knowledge. Ask you to share good Blog again.


Real Estate for Sale in PA

Juanita Tortilla said...

Don't I feel the same as you do!!!

In fact, just a few minutes ago, I was chatting over lunch, with a friend, over the most popular blogs and what seems to be their common element: Nothing. Popular blogs blog about NOTHING. Oh, the frivolity of their "nothing blog" and how most of them are making a living out of it. Wow. (I feel insulted; I don't blog high-brow things, yet I get no readers at all. How is that possible? Am I not pretty? Is it because I'm fat?)

Anyway, I haven't been commenting much, as I feel like I have nothing clever to say, and I don't want to be one of those that go, 'Great post' and run off to the other thousand blogs that I need to comment on :)
Speaking of which, I ought to start downsizing my blog reading list :(

Juanita Tortilla said...

But yes, I'll read whatever you have to say! :)

TKW said...

I hope you'll stay! Things HAVE been slow around the blogosphere lately...

Petit Filoux said...

Yep yep yep, totally agree! I've noticed a few people going under, and i've been considering doing the same myself... blogging worked fine for me at a certain point in my life, but these days, well there don't seem to be enough hours in the day to live, work, and then faff on the internet, write something interesting, load up photos... but i always come back and read what you have to say, so even if i don't comment, i'm here!