Tuesday, 18 December 2012

One More Week

I should be winding down with this last week to go but peculiarly I feel a bit wound up, like a tight yo-yo and the release will come after my father's wedding.

I was exhausted yesterday - I even had to take a fifteen minute power nap in between lessons despite a big caffeine intake. Then, I went to bed early to tackle the problem and all night I was restless, tossing and turning, I dreamt I was on this crazy (somewhat precarious) downhill assault course, and now I feel tired again this morning.

I have such lack of enthusiasm for teaching this week too - I really hope the holidays will do me some good and bring me back to Spain refreshed. I also hope it has the same effect on my students as they were driving me nuts in class yesterday.

Once I'm on that plane homeward bound I will feel much better...and then there will be the Christmas rush and somewhere on Christmas day evening I will sink into the sofa whilst mum forces us to watch watches Eastenders and I will relax (though not totally with the wedding so soon after but significantly so).

So this last week feels like the last mile of a run (not that I run, but you know what I mean). I think after today it will begin to ease a little. I'm sure many of you are feeling the same after the long year. Still, 2012 has been a very good year for me and I look forward to reflecting on some of the highlights soon.

No comments: