Thursday, 6 December 2012

Some cheesy sentiments at 9 o'clock on a Saturday Morning

I'm off to catch a train to Madrid in a minute and I'm just finishing off my packing and listening to Simply Red's The Air that I breathe.

As usual in the morning, a million thoughts go through my mind and they usually centre round anything that is bothering me or any problems or longings or issues. But the sun is shining and when the world is sunny this helps a lot to dispel any negativity - that and often the radio which is a great distraction.

And well, Simply Red is right - 'Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe and to love you.'

So often we try and change people and situations, and whilst we struggle and suffer in these endeavours what we're missing or simply forgetting is understanding and love. Love for things as they are - all things, good and bad.

And whilst I'm here with the corny sentiments drawn from music, let's also consider the life lessons I learnt from one of my favourite folk singers, Al Stewart:

'You can't make people be what you want them to be....' (Swiss Cottage Manoeuvres, To Whom it May Concern)

'Nothing that's forced can ever be right, if it doesn't come naturally leave it.' (If It Doesn't Come Naturally, The Year of the Cat)

Right.

And now this cheesy sod is going to sleep off the remnants of vinto tinto from last night circulating round my stomach on the seven hour slow train... xxx

PS This is my 500th post! Quite a nice benchmark to have achieved...

No comments: