Monday, 3 December 2012

The Weekend Gone

I'm kind of lacking in photos right now to share which is a bit annoying. This weekend was an interesting one where I worked like a bit of a maniac to cook Christmas dinner for twelve people although it could have easily fed twenty. I ate four roast dinners consecutively from Saturday night onwards.

Friday was getting all the shopping in, Saturday morning was spent dying my hair, roasting chickens and pigs in blankets and chopping up oranges for the dessert (Oranges in Contreau) and the afternoon was a production line of vegetables and assembling the courses. I really should have delegated more...note to self: do this more. I just kind of turn into the Duracel bunny on full speed and sometimes leave others, who are meant to be helping me, twiddling their thumbs.

Needless to say after dinner was served and devoured, I crashed. Coffee was my saviour.
It all should have been a most excellent weekend if Saturday was anything to go by, but then on Sunday with a mini hangover and not much sleep I had to do something which was tough but necessary. I then basically stayed in bed and wallowed whilst various friends came online and consoled me via Skype.

Yes...it is regarding that small flame that was developing...reluctantly I blew it out. Let's just say: time waits for no man and I guess these days I can't emotionally afford to either if things look unsteady. If things change and he works out what he wants then I guess we might be able to see...until then I continue forwards.

But today is another day and the sun is shining which always helps. It's a three day week here in Spain and Madrid beckons on Thursday so hopefully I'll whiz through the work then go and let my hair down and forget all my troubles and come back with lots of photos for you.

Until then xxx

2 comments:

TKW said...

Sorry about the flame that fizzled, but at least you didn't leave him hanging...

The Curious Cat said...

Yeah it was more that he was in danger of leaving me hanging and I didn't think that would be a great idea...