Tuesday, 11 December 2012

You've got to look for the positives

Like me, I'm sure there are things in your life that might be lacking or that you deeply desire.

You ask yourself: 

'When?! When are these things going to arrive / start happening?' 

and, if you are like me, you grow tired quickly of being patient. You begin to compare yourself with others and think: 

'Bloody Hell - they've got what I want! Why can't I have that?!'

But 'comparison is the thief of joy' dontcha know my dear darling?

You think... 'Hmm...maybe it just wasn't meant to be for me?' or 'Why am I different?'

You probably aren't that different and you can't see the road up ahead so you just don't know really. You're tormenting yourself and it really is unnecessary as you simply can't predict what will happen. You can have a fair idea but, as I have said in my last post, there are those days which change everything.

Just remember this simple fact: things do change. It is inevitable.

Meanwhile, if this process of change is going too slowly for you - try and get more active. Seek out opportunities and start making things happen for you.

But most of all, count your blessings each and every day. You might not be where you want to be exactly but if you take note of the things you have obtained and that are good, they will reassure you that you are heading in the right direction.

For instance...a few years ago I didn't sleep very well. RSI was causing no end of aches and pains to my body and it was affecting my sleep (I also blame my dad's bad mattress on the bunk bed at his house). I had to go to hospital once a week to try and sort out this problem.

Today I sleep very well because I am no longer sat in front of a computer all day. I also have reverted back to my original weight before I entered the office world because I am walking a lot more and I am not eating out of pure boredom.

I often forget this fact - it is a small thing but it counts for a lot. I feel better in my body and this can only be a positive thing. And when you are positive you attract more positivity. 

So, if you have to, sit down every day and remember the things that have been positive in your life that day. Maybe make a list. Stick it to your fridge and keep adding to it. When you feel down, look at it. 

As for the things you still want? Also make a list and put it next to the things you have achieved and start working towards transferring those things over little by little. 

I'm not saying it is easy but well...here is a quote that seems to be everywhere on the Internet at the moment and is very relevant:

'Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.' 
Guillaume Apollinaire.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Thanks for this inspiration. It's something nice to read on such a gloomy morning with my tea. I am going to start making a list, at least a mental one, life coach! :)
But then again, lazy me will need a note to remind me to remind me (again) about writing this list *LOL*