Monday, 11 February 2013

Blog Recommendation: Tiny Buddha

'When we can no longer change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.' Viktor Frankl

I only recently discovered this little blog but it is a great one with lots of food for thought. I was reading through some of the recent articles last night and they are really helpful to apply to your own life and help you to reflect. I particularly enjoyed:


As I wrote last night, I was rather pensive and I wasn't surprised when I woke up at 5am to find my mind racing. Do you ever get that? You find yourself suddenly wide awake in the middle of the night - your mind fixated on one issue and the only way to go back to sleep is to write whatever the issue is down on paper with the intention to address it later when you are more compos mentis and awake.

Then, today, as the day developed I came to let go of the worries and thoughts of the past day and I began to see that I was wise to stay calm and just let yesterday's feelings come and go. Today is a new day with new ideas. In the past, too often I have acted in haste based on sudden feelings. I still have deep engrained urges to do this even now but the results have not always been ideal when this has happened. I like the quote above from the Tiny Buddha website because it is true. It is a challenge to change my way of thinking towards a situation that I don't have a lot of control over, it is bloody difficult sometimes but it is my thinking and impatience that ultimately hurts and pains me the most. 

Sometimes, it is better to sit back and watch how things unfold. Try to see the bigger picture and wait for sudden intense emotions to pass before taking any further action.

'The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.' Unknown 
(also taken from Tiny Buddha)

No comments: