Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Midnight Tree...and being creative

Here is another recent turn out. I've stopped thinking about the end result with art so much...but more the process. A good friend of mine, who I used to sit and work with in A-level Art, has just been accepted onto a Masters Course for Art Psychotherapy - what a great course that sounds and it is so perfect for her! She is one of the most caring and thoughtful people I have ever met and has helped me countless times in my life.

I often wonder how my life would have been if I had done an Art degree...but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Still, this doesn't mean I can't do art nonetheless...and who knows...maybe one day...never say never!
...and the more I do it these days, singing along to some favourite music, the more I feel my mind empty and focus and it certainly soothes...So there probably is a lot to be said about the course my friend is about to embark on.

Many say they can't do art...but I think they are wrong. There are techniques to be mastered and practised - some are gifted naturally, of course - but you CAN learn, there are always ways to express yourself and so many materials and mediums to choose from.

Don't think about the end result...think about the journey of creating...and stop being so critical and so hard on yourself....and these ideas can be transferred and applied to a lot of things, not just art. xxx

No comments: